Tend to a Friend is
committed to ensuring that families raising children with special needs have the opportunity to access respite services.
- We will offer respite one Friday evening a month during the school year for three hours allowing parents to
have a relaxing night out.
- We will ensure that appropriate staff are available to support the children through our collaboration with The
Arc of Somerset County.
- Children with special needs will be in a safe, welcoming, and fun environment and enjoy organized
- Siblings will also be able to participate in age appropriate activities at the same venue.
- Rutgers Prep high school students will have the opportunity to interact with and impact the lives of these
- The children participating in Kids’ Night Out will have the opportunity to impact the lives of Rutgers Prep